Monday, September 14, 2009

Back From Vacation

It is often great to get away and that is what we tried to do. We were able to spend time on the Atlantic Ocean for 8 nights. It was sure a change for all of us. To be able to sleep with the doors open to feel the ocean breeze and to hear the ocean all the time was such a refreshing change. To eat by the ocean, to walk on the shore, and to be a testimony as well. I took a moment to build a sand castle with my daughter but I also took the time to build my own master piece. I piled the sand up and carved out a bible to leave behind as a witness. I watched from the balcony of our room to see people stop and look at it and thank God no one tore it down.
As we piled many memories up in our time away we understand that even being 91/2 hours away from home we still were meet with problems and sad news. We are so glad to know that no matter how far away from home we may be we have a God that watches over us no matter where we are. We are thankful that he kept an ever so close eye upon us that we were able to travel and return home safely.
By mentioning our return home safely the sad news we received while we were gone was the last breath that one of our good brothers in Christ, Charles Clark. I am happy to report to you that he made home safely!!! There is no doubt that his testimony was sure to all of us on whom he loved and whom he put his trust in. In the last year Brother Charles made great strides in his witnessing for his Lord. Many hospital personal was presented the chance to know the same Lord he knew. What is so great also is to see someone who truly loves the Lord to die with what I call "dying grace" keeping his eyes upon Jesus. Brother Charles who has safely made it home is now waiting for all of us to arrive.
Normally getting back into reality takes a few days. I am glad to say we are back into reality as I got back to fill the pulpit once again. It was a great day at Grace. I was so thankful the day went so well. From the prayer meeting at 8:30 in the morning to the last goodbye Sunday night the sweet fellowship of our brother and sisters and the fellowship with the Holy Spirit made it a great day even though I didn't get a nap.
It's good to be back home!
Preacher

No comments:

Post a Comment