Friday, September 25, 2009

Prayer Still Works

I am coming to an end of preaching an 8 week Sunday morning series on "God Still Answers Prayer." I personally believe God wants to answer our prayers and especially prayers that bring the glory of God to light here on earth.
After preaching the other night at the local women's prison you can see the desire of many ladies that wants prayers to be answered. So many of them have learned that repeating sin over and over is not worth cost that it brings. Several ladies have a desire to see the Lord help them have the strength to break that chain of wrong decisions. As we pray with these ladies I believe my God can give them the strength to do so and give them wisdom on the right choices in their life.
It shows me that everyone is looking for God to do something in their life. I know I have petitions before the Lord as things I like to see God do in my life, as well as my family, and the church that I Pastor. All prayers also need some feet. I need to make sure that I live in the will of God. For my prayers to be answered then I must be willing to live for the Lord in all aspects of my life and sadly many people want God to be their genie in a bottle. My God is not a genie he is the King of kings, and Lord of lords. I sure glad that I have One who knows me and understands me when I pray.
I hope that many have enjoyed the series and realize there are some things we can pray for and God will say yes every time. As I reflect back in my life I am sure glad that he didn't answer some prayers for I know I would not be where I am today. Thank You Lord for giving what you wanted me to have in my life and not what I wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment