Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yeah Me It's My Birthday

It is that time of the year once again. It is the annual day of my birthday. I do not feel any different on this day and my routine is the normal by spending most of my day at the church. However, it is a day that is a set aside to celebrate another year. Monica and the girls made me a peach cobbler and Lily insisted on putting all the candles she could in it. There were so many candles Monica could have pulled it out if the oven a little sooner and let all the candles continue to cook the cobbler. For the first time in my life I got a text to say Happy Birthday, a phone call from Isabella with her version of Happy Birthday, and many more from my mom, in-laws, and friends.
Although my birthday is special to me it is not the most important birthday to be celebrated. The day my Lord was born was the most important date to celebrate. For if it was not for his birth, my birthday would remind me that my life would end without any hope of a future. His birth is very important regardless of the debate in America on what is proper when it comes to the Christmas holidays. We Christians know that the season is not about making money but making much of the MASTER!
When I die my birthday celebrations will cease. Yet, in the life of Christ we still celebrate his life after the resurrection. We still keep count an look back at his death because it gives us hope that we Christians will stand with him for eternity. I thank the Lord for another year I can celebrate my birthday but I can I thank him most for his birth and his death.
Therefore I am looking to the author and finisher of all my birthdays!


Preacher

No comments:

Post a Comment